Wednesday 27 December 2017

The Whisk





At first I thought,
That this was going to be my bane,
When I was trapped in a raging cage,
And saw my heart mutilated.

Things can be so hard
In a lone raging cage,
And overwhelming emotions can burn deep to the soul,
No longer to be contained.

Locked up in pain,
A strong heart, however, cannot rupture.
But instead, the power within it,
Ruptured the lone raging cage!

Thus on this edge of life changing moment,
I live to tell a tale,
That I stepped out of the lone raging cage,
To taste the sweetness of love,
And pain was just a whisk to true love.

Sadique Kwatsima
@2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything Waits For You There

When you will get there, you’ll find everything waits for you. It’ll be gentle, it’ll be wild; but everything’s there. Do not f...